The FINAS accreditation service has granted SGS Fimko several new accreditations. The accreditations concern testing of extra/intraoral dental X-ray devices, low-voltage centers, and treadmills. For treadmills the accreditation includes product certification.
Extra/intraoral dental x-ray devices
We can carry out accredited testing of extra/intraoral dental X-ray devices according to the standards CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60601-2-63 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60601-2-65.
This extension enables testing to Canadian requirements and the necessary NRTL certification (cSGS) for the Canadian market.
Low voltage switchgear
We can carry out accredited testing of low voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies according to standard IEC 61439-7.
This standard defines the specific requirements of assemblies as follows:
- assemblies for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1,000 V with alternating current or 1,500 V with direct current
- assemblies intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment
- assemblies operated by ordinary persons (e.g. plug and unplug of electrical equipment
- assemblies intended to be installed and used in market squares, marinas, campsites and other similar outdoor public sites
- assemblies intended for charging stations for electric vehicles (AEVCS) for Mode 3 and Mode 4.
We can perform accredited testing and certification of treadmills according to standards EN 957-6 and EN 20957-1.
The safety requirements presented in these standards deal with the most significant dangers, dangerous situations and events related to the use of treadmills when the device is used as intended by the manufacturer, or misused as predicted by the manufacturer.
The standards are applied to treadmills used either with a power source or manually in usage classes S, H and I and accuracy classes A, B and C.This accreditation allowed us to expand the scope of GS certification.
SGS Fimko Oy is a testing laboratory T004 accredited by the FINAS accreditation service, accreditation requirement SFS-EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
SGS Fimko Oy is a certification body accredited by the FINAS accreditation service S003, accreditation requirement SFS-EN ISO/IEC 17065:2012.
Testing of centers: