Consumer Goods and Retail FI Certification
FI Certification services from SGS can prove product safety and demonstrate credentials to buyers and consumers.
In Finland, the regulatory authorities responsible for consumer safety ban around 100 products annually and order the recall of another 50. Product recalls and sales bans are expensive, not only in terms of monetary costs, but also in damage to your business’s reputation.
Ensure that electrical products are safe and meet European requirements with third party certification before they are sold on the open market. FI Certification services are a practical and cost-efficient way to ensure conformity.
What are the benefits?
FI testing and certification:
- Proves the safety of a product and confers the right to use the FI mark and/or the SGS FI mark
- Ensures conformity with relevant electrical safety standards and the Low Voltage Directive
- Ensures product suitability for sale in Finland, Nordic countries and Europe
- Improves product management with the help of supervision and change management
- Includes compulsory annual factory inspection to ensure product safety during the certification period
Why choose FI certification?
In Finland, Nordic countries and Europe, the FI mark is a well-known, trusted and valued certification mark. It demonstrates that product safety, for both consumers and professionals, has been verified by an independent third party. The right to affix the FI Mark on product and packaging as well as using it in/on marketing materials gives businesses a competitive edge. As an active FI certification client we keep you up to date with regulatory updates and advice on ongoing compliance issues.
Reduce recalls and ease your products’ route to market with FI Certification from SGS. Contact us today.